As we all know, over the last past years there has been a steady increase of violence in our communities. Surprising to some and well known to others, some of these horrible acts are being committed by our OWN youth. These crimes are being committed because many of our youth lack motivation, direction, and education. Many of these young adults come from areas and households where they are not being taught to have dreams, goals, or ambitions. We felt that these issues could not longer be ignored and needed to be addressed so that our youth can be made aware of the many advantages and opportunities that are available to them.
This non-profit organization is the brain child of Derrick Clark and Tiffany Reed and was established to help promote and motivate today’s youth because many of them are committing, as well as involved in such torturous and life altering acts. P.O.E 4 KIDS promotes juvenile activities to turn these negative circumstances into positive outcomes by offering services such as organized sporting activities, mentoring programs, dance lessons, modeling classes, drama classes, post-secondary seminars, career assessments, as well as other youth services.
Carrots & Beans participants have the responsibility
to develop physically and gain health and wellness
techniques that will increase the relationship between
physical accomplishment and healthy life style in young
adults with intent to maintain optimal fitness potential,
also support and strengthen families.
Carrots & Beans recognizes that young adults need both physical and recreational development which plays an essential role in healthy development.
Carrot & Beans Vision:
To help promote and motivate today’s youth to enjoy physical activity because many of them are refusing physical activity, are uneducated about the long term effects of physical activity, and promoting a healthy life style. Carrot & Beans promotes juvenile activities to turn negative thinking into positive outcomes by offering services such as organized sporting activities, mentoring programs, dance lessons, as well as other youth services.
Carrot & Beans Mission:
The mission of Carrot & Beans is to organize, encourage and educate young adults on the benefits of physical activity and achieving a healthy lifestyle. Carrot & Beans supports and promotes the health and wellness process through advocacy, participation in juvenile activities and community development.
Carrot & Beans Participants Vision:
Carrot & Beans will increase opportunities for young adults to feel physically fit, healthy, and successful within the community.
Carrot & Beans Participants Mission:
Our mission is to define and implement strategies for increasing and improving physical activity, health and well-being with young adults in the community.
Carrot & Beans Core Values
We believe that:
· Physical activity promotes an environment of fitness values and healthy well-being when they are involved in the lives of young adults.
· Every young adult is entitled to a quality of life that promotes healthy development that includes a life balanced with physical activity and love.
· Physical activities and internal growth are partners in promoting a healthy life style in young adults.
· Young adults model behaviors shown to them from misinterpretation of a healthy life style.
Carrot & Beans Objectives:
· To involve young adults in routine physical activity daily.
· Share strategies for creating a well-balanced healthy environment for young adults.
· Recruit and identify staff to be active in the involvement committee and planned activities for young adults.
· Identify and share information that supports physical activity at the earliest stages of young adult’s growth and development.
Tiffany -Reed-Hill Founder
Derrick Clark Founder
Kathryn Hall Project Manager
Danielle DeBerry Accountant
Daniel Hall Athletic Advisor
Cortez Hill Security Advisor